Show off your creative side at the Midland County Fair! Are you a crafter?
An amazing cook? A fantastic photographer? A Pinterest pro? Or do you fancy yourself as the next Rembrandt?
If so, we want to see your creations! * Absolutely no entry fees!
Items can be entered on the following dates!
Sunday, August 14, 2022 12 – 5pm
Monday, August 15, 2022 12 – 6pm
Friday, August 19, 2022 10 – 6pm
*Saturday, August 20, 2022 10 – 5pm (Judging begins at 5pm)
*Culinary arts entries should be turned in on Saturday, August 20, 2022. Judges will be tasting these items.
* Creative Arts divisions include Fine Arts, Culinary Arts, Photography, Crafts and Hobbies, Tablescapes, and Quilts.
*There are six age divisions and separate categories for hobbyists and professionals.
*Ribbons are awarded to all entries.
*Grand champions of each division will receive a plaque.
*There are limits to the number of entries you can enter as indicated in special rules for each division.
Entries accepted in lots of categories: knitting, canned goods, scrapbooks, crochet, wood crafts, Lego art, photography, baked goods, ceramics, needlepoint, holiday items, models, sculpture and much more!
Download Your Application Here
General Rules and Regulations for All Categories
Registration forms available online at www.midandcofair.com. Items may be registered in person at the following times:
1. The chairman reserves the right to accept or reject entries.
2. Awards will be given in accordance with the merits of the articles exhibited.
3. All exhibits must be the work of the exhibitor and completed between September 1, 2019, through August 20, 2022. Covid-19 has wreaked havoc, so entries must be made in the last three years but not entered in 2021.
4. An exhibitor may enter more than one item in a class number in a category if specified in the special rules of each division.
5. No entry fees will be charged.
6. Items too large for display will not be accepted unless approved by the Creative Arts chairmen.
7. Exhibitors are required to pick up their articles between the hours of 10:00 pm and 6:00 pm on Monday, August 29.
8. No articles will be released except on presentation of duplicate entry ticket. Any exhibit not picked up by 6:00 pm on Monday, August 29, will be held at the Horseshoe office for five days, after which it will be disposed of.
9. No articled entered for exhibit in any department may be removed prior to 8:00 pm on Sunday, August 28, unless chairman has given written permission.
10. The Midland County Fair and its representatives are not responsible for any breakage or damage of entries. We will use the utmost caution with all items.
11. All entries not free-standing must be equipped to hang or be accompanied by an easel or other display.
12. Each entry will receive a ribbon based on a point system. Each of the Creative Arts divisions will have a Champion, Chairmen’s Choice and Judges’ Choice awards. Grand Champion will receive a plaque.
13. Age groups for all categories are as follows:
· Division 1 – Children ages 5 and under
· Division 2 – Youth ages 6-12
· Division 3 – Teens ages 13-18
· Division 4 – Adult hobbyist
· Division 5 – Seniors ages 65+
· Division 6 – Adult professionals*
* No person who sells, teaches, or owns a shop related to the craft may enter as a hobbyist.