Midland County Fair presents the 3nd annual Pie Baking Contest. If you have the Basin’s Best Pie recipe, our distinguished panel of judges would love to taste it! All entries will receive 2 tickets to the Midland County Fair..
Pie Baking Contest Rules
1. Only 1 (one) entry per person.
2. All entrants must complete and submit the on-line registration form.
3. Pies must be made from scratch: home-made crusts and fillings, please.
4. Where possible, pies should be baked in a disposable tin.
5. Your pie will NOT be returned to you.
6. Contestants agree to have their photo or pie photo published without compensation.
7. Each Pie submission must include your name, phone number and list of ingredients.
8. Pies must be delivered to the Midland County Fair booth at the Midland Farmer’s Market on Saturday, July 2nd between 8:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. to be officially entered in the contest.
9. Judging of Pies will take place immediately thereafter. No late entries will be accepted. The top three pies will advance to the finals. Finalists must submit the same pie for the finals to be held at the Midland County Fair on Saturday, August 27, 2022.
Judging of Pies
1. Pies will be judged on presentation, taste, and flakiness of crust.2. Judging will begin at 10:00 a.m. on July 2 at the Midland Farmer’s Market at the Museum of the Southwest.3. The decision of the judges will be final.4. Each finalists must be able to attend the Midland County Fair with the same pie submission on Saturday, August 27, 2022.